I have used the http protocol for a long time. After years I implemented a domain certificate. Now I am trying to get the website with the https:// protocol indexed but Google still indexes the http protocol.
I have tried several things. I enabled the 'Force SSL with https redirect' option in DirectAdmin.
I changed my .htaccess so the browser redirects every option to the https protocol:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^[^.]+\.[^.]+$
RewriteCond %{HTTPS}s ^on(s)|
RewriteRule ^ http%1://www.%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]
RedirectMatch permanent index.php/(.*) https://www.***.com/$1
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /index\.(php|html) [NC]
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ https://www.***.com/ [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^GET\ /.*/index\.(php|html)\ HTTP
RewriteRule (.*)index\.(php|html)$ /$1 [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain\.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.domain\.com$
RewriteRule ^home\.html$ "https\:\/\/www\.domain\.com\/" [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain\.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.domain\.com$
RewriteRule ^home$ "https\:\/\/www\.domain\.com\/" [R=301,L]
I have created a sitemap.xml that contains only the https:// protocol.
In the Google Search Console I see that the website is indexed today and that the 'Google selected canonical URL' is still the http protocol.
Does someone know what I need to do to fix this problem?