I am trying so hard to upload one image from cloud functions I am sending an image from the web to the cloud function using onRequest. I am sending a base64 string and the fileName. Now I was following different tutorials on the internet and couldn't seem to solve my problem.
Here is my code. I think I am doing something wrong with the service account json. Although i generated the json file and used it but still it didn't work.
I get the error of The caller does not have permission at Gaxios._request when i don't use service account json
And when i do use serviceAccount.json then i get this error The "path" argument must be of type string. Received an instance of Object which is from file.createWriteStream() i think
Anyway here is the code can anyone please help me with this
The projectId that I am using is shown in the picture below
const functions = require("firebase-functions");
const admin = require("firebase-admin");
const projectId = functions.config().apikeys.projectid; // In the picture below
const stream = require("stream");
const cors = require("cors")({ origin: true });
const { Storage } = require("@google-cloud/storage");
// Enable Storage
const storage = new Storage({
projectId: projectId, // I did use serviceAccount json here but that wasn't working
});
// With serviceAccount.json code
// const storage = new Storage({
// projectId: projectId,
// keyFilename: serviceAccount,
// });
// This is giving the error of: The "path" argument must be of type string. Received an instance of Object
exports.storeUserProfileImage = functions.https.onRequest((req, res) => {
cors(req, res, async () => {
try {
const bucket = storage.bucket(`gs://${projectId}.appspot.com`);
let pictureURL;
const image = req.body.image;
const userId = req.body.userId;
const fileName = req.body.fileName;
const mimeType = image.match(
/data:([a-zA-Z0-9]+\/[a-zA-Z0-9-.+]+).*,.*/
)[1];
//trim off the part of the payload that is not part of the base64 string
const base64EncodedImageString = image.replace(
/^data:image\/\w+;base64,/,
""
);
const imageBuffer = Buffer.from(base64EncodedImageString, "base64");
const bufferStream = new stream.PassThrough();
bufferStream.end(imageBuffer);
// Define file and fileName
const file = bucket.file("images/" + fileName);
bufferStream
.pipe(
file.createWriteStream({
metadata: {
contentType: mimeType,
},
public: true,
validation: "md5",
})
)
.on("error", function (err) {
console.log("error from image upload", err.message);
})
.on("finish", function () {
// The file upload is complete.
console.log("Image uploaded");
file
.getSignedUrl({
action: "read",
expires: "03-09-2491",
})
.then((signedUrls) => {
// signedUrls[0] contains the file's public URL
console.log("Signed urls", signedUrls[0]);
pictureURL = signedUrls[0];
});
});
console.log("image url", pictureURL);
res.status(200).send(pictureURL);
} catch (e) {
console.log(e);
return { success: false, error: e };
}
});
});
