Pipewire audio in Fedora container

Viewed 942

Since Fedora 34, pulseaudio was replaced with pipewire. I used a pulseaudio socket to get sound from containers, which was the most secure way. So, I would like now to set pipewire to handle audio in container, but I can't find the way...

I'm trying the simplest way right now, sharing snd device, without socket:

Launch fedora 34 container:

podman run -it --device /dev/snd fedora

Create user and add it to audio group:

useradd usertest -u 1000 -m -p ''

usermod -aG audio usertest

Install paquages:

dnf -y install pipewire alsa-utils pulseaudio-utils

systemctl start --user pipewire-pulse.service

When I start it, there is a DBUS error, because DBUS isn't running on container

And with user, pactl info returns this error:

Connection failure: Connection refused
pa_context_connect() failed: Connection refused

Or would it be possible to get something similar to a pulseaudio socket with pipewire?

0 Answers
Related