Cannot seem to access ClassKit Catalog while testing Apple Schoolwork in development environment

Viewed 49

I have an app which integrates with Apple's ClassKit. I also intend to publish the Contexts using ClassKit Catalog API. As far as I can tell (but I'm not really sure with that), Schoolwork should be able to access the information from there.

However, I only see information, which is provided by apps stored locally on the device.

When Schoolwork starts, it says "iCloud Drive is off", although I enabled it in the settings.

When I create an assignment, it sometimes says, that an error occurred and it shows only locally available activities (unfortunately I cannot reproduce that right now "There was an issue with your connection. Showing Local Activities Only." is shown on gray background right under "App Activies" when adding an App Activity).

Does anybody know, whether I should be able to see / access the ClassKit Catalog data using a development environment in Schoolwork; and which steps I need do, in order to make it work? (So I can see the assignments for my app, when it is not installed on the device?)


EDIT:

Citation from Apple's docs: (source: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/classkitcatalogapi/testing_your_classkit_catalog_implementation )

Test Your Changes

After uploading content to the development environment, you can inspect the changes. On an iOS device that you use for development, with the Schoolwork app installed, go to Settings > Developer, and choose ClassKit API. Screenshot of the Developer settings on an iPad with ClassKit API shown at the top.

Then use the ClassKit Catalog Environment section to choose either the Production or Development environment. Screenshot of the ClassKit API developer settings on an iPad.

When you choose Development, the Schoolwork app on that device shows you data you uploaded to the development environment instead of the production environment data.

0 Answers
Related