Is using the Android Studio IDE the only you can build a signed APK using Capacitor 3?

Viewed 239

I recently migrated to Capacitor 3, and it appears that a few things have changed in terms of generated an APK with Ionic/Capacitor. Previously you were able to use the CLI to sign and build your release version of the APK, but now it appears that you need to use the Android Studio IDE to do so.

I am unable to figure out how to build my app within Android Studio.

It does not appear that I have any options available under my Build menu once the IDE launches after running the build command. I can see all of my files in the IDE, but I am unsure of what to do next.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to begin when trying to use Android Studio for the first time for a production build?

Can you still use the previous CLI commands to sign your app?

Edit

Here is a screen shot of my Build menu from Android Studio:

enter image description here

SDK Platforms:

enter image description here

SDK Tools:

enter image description here

1 Answers

Go to Build -> Generate Signed Bundle/APKGenerateSignedApk and follow the steps. You can provide the previous key that you used for signing. More info here

Related