The code executable cannot continue: libgcc_s_seh-1.dll was not found

Viewed 2580

I have a problem that I cannot solve, When I run the executable of my program it gives me the following error:

The code executable cannot continue because libgcc_s_seh-1.dll was not found. To fix the problem, try reinstalling the program

I tried to manually copy and paste the file (libgcc_s_seh-1.dll) into the folder where I keep the executable but I get the following error:

The application could not be started correctly (0xc000007b)

Additional information:

  • I use windows 10 64 bit
  • I Use mingw81_64
  • I use version 6.1.2 of Qt

What can I solve the problem?

2 Answers

I guess you double-clicked in exe file that provides after building in release mode : For Deploy and create Exe output with QT in windows you should follow this way:

  1. put your compiler path in your system path. now you use mingw81_64 you should set it. something like Qt/tools/mingw81_64/bin

  2. copy exe file that provides after building in release mode in one folder and run mingw81_64 cmd (it has separate cmd) and cd to that folder path

  3. windeployqt app.exe

This command will get all dll needs for your app and your exe will work .

if you use qml

windeployqt --qmldir (the path of its directory ) app.exe

and also see these youtube videos for more info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdSTgR0xJco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCXAgB6y8eA

For specific error of libgcc_s_seh-1.dll was not found, please try to copy libgcc_s_seh-1.dll, libstdc++-6.dll, libwinpthread-1.dll into your compiler path like Qt/tools/mingw81_64/bin.

Related