I developed an app using Expo and React Native. The app worked fine during development using the Expo Go app, I tested in Android and iOS.
Then I built each app using expo build. The production Android app works fine, but the iOS app crashes within a couple seconds of the splash screen being brought up, both on a real device and when I run a simulator build. I built the iOS app as an archive and it is currently in Test Flight. I was able to deploy previous versions to the app store with no crashes.
I downloaded the crash logs and the last exception reference is:
UIKitCore: -[UIApplication _checkBackgroundRefreshAPIAdoption]
I cannot find a reference to checkBackgroundRefreshAPIAdoption anywhere. The last big change I made was adding MapView functionality, but I have also tried removing all references to the MapView and rebuilding and still run into the same issue.
Edit: forgot to add, I did follow the instructions for deploying a standalone iOS app found here https://docs.expo.dev/versions/latest/sdk/map-view/
Does anyone know what the problem could be?