Ok, so I have this command that turns off my touchscreen. It works when I execute it in a root shell.
So this works:
sudo su
/usr/bin/echo $(ls /sys/bus/hid/drivers/hid-multitouch | awk NR==1'{print $1}') > /sys/bus/hid/drivers/hid-multitouch/unbind
And then my touchscreen stops working, which is the result that I wanted.
Now I want to make a touchscreen.service file to execute this on every boot. So in the service file I include:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/echo $(ls /sys/bus/hid/drivers/hid-multitouch | awk NR==1'{print $1}') > /sys/bus/hid/drivers/hid-multitouch/unbind
However it isn't working > nor throwing any errors that I've been able to catch.
I do know from earlier fidlings with .service files that I might actually need to use /usr/bin/sh -c, so I have also tried:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/echo $(ls /sys/bus/hid/drivers/hid-multitouch | awk NR==1'{print $1}') > /sys/bus/hid/drivers/hid-multitouch/unbind"
Yet this also doesn't work.. maybe because of the awk NR==1'{print $1}'part? I have also tried replacing it with awk NR==1'\''{print $1}'\''but again it fails to work.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the command that is working in my root cli environment to also work as a systemd service?