Trying to set up PSQL and i get this error :

Viewed 4231

I am trying to start a Spring project using a PSQL database. I have installed PSQL using Homebrew but,

When i run :

brew services start postgresql

I get this error: Error: Failure while executing; /bin/launchctl bootstrap gui/501 /Users/[myusername]/Library/LaunchAgents/homebrew.mxcl.postgresql.plist exited with 5.

I am following this tutorial:

https://medium.com/@viviennediegoencarnacion/getting-started-with-postgresql-on-mac-e6a5f48ee399

Using a mac which is up to date.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 Answers

So my postgres service was started apparently. Therefore when i was trying to start it again it causes an error. Fix was to stop it and re run.

EDIT: This may be a track, but it doesn't happen for me again since I updated to Monterey and running PSQL13

A full computer restart did solve it for me.

PS: I think the problem is related to the checkbox on log off "Reopen windows when logging back in".

This error is due to the fact the server is already running. We need to stop and start it.

For Mac Users: brew services stop postgresql brew services start postgresql

Related