I'm struggling to make an animation work. I've created two SVG shapes in Illustrator with the same amount of path points. Now i want to code a morphing animation. My first try was an animate object as suggested here:
<span class="svgspan">
<svg class="svg1" version="1.1" id="Layer_1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" x="0px" y="0px" viewBox="0 0 398 369.4"
style="enable-background:new 0 0 398 369.4;" xml:space="preserve">
<style type="text/css">
.st0 {
fill: #FFFFFF;
}
</style>
<path id="pfad" class="st0" d="M398 184.7c0 51-20.7 97.2-54.1 130.6s-79.6 54.1-130.6 54.1s-97.2-20.7-130.6-54.1s-54.1-79.6-54.1-130.6
S49.3 87.5 82.7 54.1S162.3 0 213.3 0s97.2 20.7 130.6 54.1S398 133.7 398 184.7z">
<animate id="trs" begin="500ms" fill="freeze" attributename="d" dur="2s" from ="M398,184.7c0,51-20.7,97.2-54.1,130.6s-79.6,54.1-130.6,54.1s-97.2-20.7-130.6-54.1s-54.1-79.6-54.1-130.6
S49.3 87.5 82.7 54.1S162.3 0 213.3 0s97.2 20.7 130.6 54.1S398 133.7 398 184.7z" to="M195 369.4c-48.4-78-140.4-118.3-182.3-200.3C-3.8 131.7-6.1 85 17.2 50C57.9-16 157.7-15.8 199.1 49.4
c32.3-51.6 107.8-65.7 155.7-27.5c54.5 39.2 53.8 119.8 15.8 170.4c-49 65.4-124.1 107-167.6 177.1H195z"></path>
</svg></span>
I got an animation, but it didn't morph but instantly switch to the second path.
My next approach was a css animation like this:
#pfad {
d: path('M195,369.4c-48.4-78-140.4-118.3-182.3-200.3C-3.8,131.7-6.1,85,17.2,50C57.9-16,157.7-15.8,199.1,49.4c32.3-51.6,107.8-65.7,155.7-27.5c54.5,39.2,53.8,119.8,15.8,170.4c-49,65.4-124.1,107-167.6,177.1H195z');
transition: 1s;
}
This didn't work either. I even got an 'Unknown property: d' error in VS Code and Chrome:
It would be nice if someone could help me get this working.
Edit: The anchor points are in the right position now i guess, but i still have the same problem. New anchor points:
<path id="pfad" class="st0" d="M199,369.4c-57.6-0.5-110.6-27.4-144.1-69.2c-25.4-31.6-40.6-71.8-40.6-115.5C14.3,82.7,97,0,199,0
s184.7,82.7,184.7,184.7c0,33.7-9,65.3-24.8,92.5C326.9,332.3,267.3,369.4,199,369.4C198.4,369.4,199.6,369.4,199,369.4z">
<animate id="trs" begin="500ms" fill="freeze" attributename="d" dur="2s" from ="M199,369.4c-57.6-0.5-110.6-27.4-144.1-69.2c-25.4-31.6-40.6-71.8-40.6-115.5C14.3,82.7,97,0,199,0
s184.7,82.7,184.7,184.7c0,33.7-9,65.3-24.8,92.5C326.9,332.3,267.3,369.4,199,369.4C198.4,369.4,199.6,369.4,199,369.4z" to="M199,369.4C150.6,291.4,54.8,251,12.9,169C-3.6,131.6-5.9,84.9,17.4,49.9c40.7-66,140.5-65.8,181.9-0.6
C231.6-2.3,307.1-16.4,355,21.8c54.5,39.2,53.8,119.8,15.8,170.4C321.8,257.6,242.5,299.3,199,369.4L199,369.4z"></path>```


