I am having 2 parquet files with different number of columns and trying to merge them with following code snippet
Dataset<Row> dataSetParquet1 = testSparkSession.read().option("mergeSchema",true).parquet("D:\\ABC\\abc.parquet");
Dataset<Row> dataSetParquet2 = testSparkSession.read().option("mergeSchema",true).parquet("D:\\EFG\\efg.parquet");
dataSetParquet1.unionByName(dataSetParquet2);
// dataSetParquet1.union(dataSetParquet2);
for unionByName() I get the error:
Caused by: org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: Cannot resolve column name
for union() I get the error:
Caused by: org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: Union can only be performed on tables with the same number of columns, but the first table has 7 columns and the second table has 6 columns;;
How do I merge these files using spark in java?
UPDATE : Example
dataset 1:
epochMillis | one | two | three| four
--------------------------------------
1630670242000 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
1630670244000 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
1630670246000 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
dataset2 :
epochMillis | one | two | three|five
---------------------------------------
1630670242000 | 11 | 22 | 33 | 55
1630670244000 | 11 | 22 | 33 | 55
1630670248000 | 11 | 22 | 33 | 55
Final dataset after merging:
epochMillis | one | two | three|four |five
--------------------------------------------
1630670242000 | 11 | 22 | 33 |4 |55
1630670244000 | 11 | 22 | 33 |4 |55
1630670246000 | 1 | 2 | 3 |4 |null
1630670248000 | 11 | 22 | 33 |null |55
how to obtain this result for merging two Datasets?