There appears to be trouble with the npm registry (returned undefined). Retrying

Viewed 4237

I'm trying to install dependencies in my project but when I run yarn install I get the following error

[2/5]   Resolving packages...
info There appears to be trouble with the npm registry (returned undefined). Retrying...
info There appears to be trouble with the npm registry (returned undefined). Retrying...
info There appears to be trouble with the npm registry (returned undefined). Retrying...
info There appears to be trouble with the npm registry (returned undefined). Retrying...
⠁ axios@0.21.1/usr/local/Cellar/yarn/1.22.10/libexec/lib/cli.js:66965
            throw new (_errors || _load_errors()).ResponseError(_this3.reporter.lang('requestFailed', description), res.statusCode);
            ^

ResponseError: Request failed "502 Bad Gateway"
    at ResponseError.ExtendableBuiltin (/usr/local/Cellar/yarn/1.22.10/libexec/lib/cli.js:696:66)
    at new ResponseError (/usr/local/Cellar/yarn/1.22.10/libexec/lib/cli.js:802:124)
    at Request.params.callback [as _callback] (/usr/local/Cellar/yarn/1.22.10/libexec/lib/cli.js:66965:19)
    at Request.self.callback (/usr/local/Cellar/yarn/1.22.10/libexec/lib/cli.js:140749:22)
    at Request.emit (events.js:315:20)
    at Request.<anonymous> (/usr/local/Cellar/yarn/1.22.10/libexec/lib/cli.js:141721:10)
    at Request.emit (events.js:315:20)
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/usr/local/Cellar/yarn/1.22.10/libexec/lib/cli.js:141643:12)
    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:421:28)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:327:22) {
  responseCode: 502
}

I tried

  1. to remove yarn.lock file and run yarn install again
  2. to increase network timeout yarn install --network-timeout 100000

Still getting the same error

1 Answers

this worked for me:

Delete any "*.lock" and rm node_modules. Or rm -rf node_modules/

Clean a flush all connections things like DNS, caches and so on.

Terminal commands:

 set http_proxy=

 set https_proxy=

 yarn config delete proxy

 npm config rm https-proxy

 npm config rm proxy

npm config set registry "http://registry.npmjs.org" or npm config set registry "https://registry.npmjs.org"

Restart your terminal and Try.

Use : yarn add mypckge --network-timeout 100000 or yarn --network-timeout 100000

but first try just yarn

Restart your terminal and Try yarn again and/or with --network-timeout.

link to MichelDiz answer

Related