I was practicing git in the following sandbox: https://learngitbranching.js.org/?NODEMO
I ran two sets of commands in two separate sessions. The first set of commands in order is as follows:
git clone
git checkout -b feature
git push
git fakeTeamwork main 1
git fakeTeamwork feature 1
git pull
The second set of commands in order are similar but I use git fetch + git merge at the end instead:
git clone
git checkout -b feature
git push
git fakeTeamwork main 1
git fakeTeamwork feature 1
git fetch
git merge o/feature
If git pull = git fetch + git merge, why are the two outcomes different? It seems that git pull does not update all the remote tracking branches. Is this just a flaw of the sandbox or is this actually what happens in git?
Note: The commands git clone and git fakeTeamwork are just commands built for the sandbox
Thank you!