How to create a custom drop down control list in Google Data Studio? (using multi category column or multiple binary columns)

Viewed 1090

My use case is that one of the columns in my table has multiple categories included. For example, entry 1 may say budget, schedule, entry 2 may say schedule, quality and entry 3 may say schedule. I can also change it so that budget, schedule and quality become boolean columns.

I would like to create a drop down option that list each grade level individually and when one of the categories is selected, I want the table to filter based on the selection in the drop down. So when someone selects schedule, all 3 entries, in this scenario, will be displayed.

Do you believe this is possible to do in Data Studio?

Thank you

1 Answers

Create a parameter cat_select to filter the data.

enter image description here

Create a calculated field cat_test with

CONTAINS_TEXT(lower(categories),lower(cat_select))

enter image description here

Generate a filter for that field cat_test to be true.

Related