Git Bash error: fsmonitor_ipc__send_query

Viewed 2525

I would just like to ask what could be the meaning of this error?

error: fsmonitor_ipc__send_query: unspecified error on '.git/fsmonitor--daemon.ipc'

I'm trying to find something similar to this case but for some reason, all I see is another line error which is very similar but isn't explained why. I encountered this while I'm using Git Bash. I'm trying to utilize the Bash terminal as I want to have a different window separated when working with VS Code. Hope this become a reference for the others.

3 Answers

I, like others have mentioned, received this error, and my current Git version is 2.32.0.windows.1. I've been running this version for months and today was the first time I encountered the error.

I killed all running git.exe processes on my machine and the error went away.

Note that when you upgrade to a new version of Git, one of the things you have to do is stop all running processes of Git. I mention this because it might not be the case that this is a bug specific to 2.32 which is fixed in version 2.33, but instead, maybe it's simply the action of killing the running Git processes during the install that fixes the issue. I suppose a reboot may have fixed it as well.

Error seems to be related to a bug in Git for Windows 2.32. Upgrading to Git for Windows 2.33+ has fixed it for several people.

At first, uninstall git from your computer. Then delete the Git folder from C:\Program Files. Finally, install git again and restart your computer.

Related