I've been studying cross-validation and as far as I'm concerned, the thing about k-fold validation is that you would evaluate your model in different slices of your dataset and then average the error.
For instance, I would get my dataset and split into 3 parts. First, I would run a model that would train with parts 2 and 3 and test in part 1. Then, I would train with parts 1 and 3, and test in part 2. Last, I would train with parts 1 and 2 and test in part 3.
If I'm talking about a Lasso Regression, for instance, each of the 3 models I ran (as the description above) would have a group of coefficients (betas). That's it, it's like I have 3 models, but I actually was evaluating my choice of hyperparameters and other treatments.
Now, let's move to Scikit-Learn cross validation. Let's see the image below from their websites:
(sorry about the image) It says "finding parameter" in the cross-validation. How would it find different parameters and then test in a final set? I mean, each model would have a different parameter.
