tl;dr: I'm getting Quota Error: You have exceeded the maximum number of writes/day for this project even tho I have 50k queries / day as the quota limit.
I have a project on google cloud consle with GA API enabled:
Oddly enough, in the GA Quotas view I see two anonymous Query sections, both with 50k queries / day: (deleted the graphs to capture both quotas on same screen)
A side question here, why do I have two Query sections? what does each mean?
I have a service account with access to this project:
with a generated JSON key:
and I'm using that service account to make API requests:
const path = require('path')
const { google } = require('googleapis')
module.exports = createApiInstance
const keyFilePath = path.resolve(__dirname, '../../credentials.json')
const auth = new google.auth.GoogleAuth({
keyFile: keyFilePath,
scopes: ['https://www.googleapis.com/auth/analytics.edit'],
})
auth.getClient().then(client => {
client.request(params)
})
I can get away with just a few requests in a day before I run into the quota limit error.
One weird thing is that even tho I just made some requests a few minutes ago, the service account's logs come up empty:
Which would be tempting to say the service account isn't being used, but, if that was the case how would I be able to get away with the few requests that do actually pass?
I'm not using any Auth'ing other than the service account generated credentials file ♀️
As an aside, we are using the same service account with the same credentials file on another project for a different google API, and it works as expected.
any ideas what's going on here?






