I am working on creating an internal project for my work and we have decided to add a modal popup to allow users to submit a bug report or a feature request. Everything works perfectly in Chrome (both ios and windows) and also works fine in Firefox.
In Safari in ios though, the modal doesn't actually show. The actual modal though can still be used and submitted and everything functions if you know where to click or if you view in the inspector it shows you where it is on the screen. Here are some screenshots to show the issue. Top one is it working in Chrome, and the bottom one is it in Safari.
So because I am able to still submit the form in Safari then it leads me to believe a few things that this shouldn't be:
- An issue with overflow cutting off the box from being displayed
- An issue with z-index because then I wouldn't be able to click the button or type into the textarea.
I have investigated a bit into the positioning of things because I know (super old) versions of browsers sometimes would render things weird if a child was position fixed buyt the parent was position relative etc.
I have not seen anything like this in over 10 years of web development so I am very curious to find the issue and to hear if anyone has some ideas to try.
Thank you!

