I am using code first approach, I don't know how to pass custom id into ID column Whenever I try to pass id its show the following error:
Can't insert null to table Orders.ID Insert fails
public class Order
{
[Key]
public int ID { get; set; } // I WANT THIS COLUMN SHOULD BE SAVED AS "10001,10002,10003" INSTEAD OF "1,2,3,4"
public string CustomerID { get; set; }
public string CustomerName { get; set; }
public string CustomerEmail { get; set; }
public virtual List<OrderItem> OrderItems { get; set; }
public virtual List<OrderHistory> OrderHistory { get; set; }
}
public class OrderHistory
{
public int OrderID { get; set; }
public int OrderStatus { get; set; }
public string Note { get; set; }
}
public class OrderItem
{
public int OrderID { get; set; }
[NotMapped]
public string ProductName { get; set; }
public int ProductID { get; set; }
public virtual Product Product { get; set; }
/// <summary>
/// Item Price is in Order Item because we can have a scenerio where we might charge less or greater than the Product Price.
/// </summary>
public decimal ItemPrice { get; set; }
public int Quantity { get; set; }
}
EDIT-2
After adding on ID its now throwing another error as Invalid column name 'ID' Invalid column name 'ID'
[Key]
[DatabaseGenerated(DatabaseGeneratedOption.Identity)]
public int ID { get; set; }