To make this brief, I am making a project, and I need Cython for it to work. I have read every single line of documentation when it comes to installing Cython on windows, and have followed exactly what has said. Despite this, I still can't get Cython to work properly. When I import the module, everything works fine. The issue arises when I try compiling from a .pyx file.
The C file gets generated just fine, but there are two issues. The first is that for whatever reason, I'm getting:
raise ValueError("Unknown MS Compiler Version 1929")
It doesn't end there. When I try looking for the pyd file, 0 files are generated. There just is no pyd file in the directory. In the C file, where it uses #include "Python.h", it shows an error, and gives the following message:
#include errors detected. Please update your includePath. IntelliSense features for this translation unit (C:\Users\...\Workspace\cython_test\example_py.c) will be provided by the Tag Parser.
I have tried searching all over for ways to solve this, but absolutely nothing has helped... I tried installing MSVC, and properly set up MinGW in my environment variables. I have tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling Python, MinGW, VSCode, and even tried looking through the documentation for ways to solve this, all to no avail.