How can I convert the a array into the b array as they are specified below in Python and using numpy library? I am looking for a very efficient way since my actual array that I want to use this method on is very big. I should mention that the numbers can be any number and there is no relationship among the numbers. Also, I tried to show in the below picture how I want to slice the array.
import numpy as np
a = np.arange(1, 49).reshape(6, 8)
a = [[ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8],
[ 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16],
[17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24],
[25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32],
[33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40],
[41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48]]
b =[[1, 2, 9, 10], [2, 3, 10, 11], [3, 4, 11, 12], [4, 5, 12, 13],
[5, 6, 13, 14], [6, 7, 14, 15], [7, 8, 15, 16], [9, 10, 17, 18],
[10, 11, 18, 19], [11, 12, 19, 20], [12, 13, 20, 21], [13, 14, 21, 22],
[14, 15, 22, 23], [15, 16, 23, 24], [17, 18, 25, 26], [18, 19, 26, 27],
[19, 20, 27, 28], [20, 21, 28, 29], [21, 22, 29, 30], [22, 23, 30, 31],
[23, 24, 31, 32], [25, 26, 33, 34], [26, 27, 34, 35], [27, 28, 35, 36],
[28, 29, 36, 37], [29, 30, 37, 38], [30, 31, 38, 39], [31, 32, 39, 40],
[33, 34, 41, 42], [34, 35, 42, 43], [35, 36, 43, 44], [36, 37, 44, 45],
[37, 38, 45, 46], [38, 39, 46, 47], [39, 40, 47, 48]]
I was trying to find a way with reshape and transpose function but the problem is that I could not find a way to include the boundaries. c shows what I was thinking about the solution.
c = a.reshape(3, 2, 4, 2).transpose(0, 2, 3, 1).reshape(3*4, 2*2).
The picture: https://ibb.co/QC7tkPM.