I defined a metaclass which add a method named "test" to the created classes:
class FooMeta(type):
def __new__(mcls, name, bases, attrs):
def test(self):
return super().test()
attrs["test"] = test
cls = type.__new__(mcls, name, bases, attrs)
return cls
Then I create two classes using this Metaclass
class A(metaclass=FooMeta):
pass
class B(A):
pass
When I run
a = A()
a.test()
a TypeError is raised at super().test():
super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type
Which means super() cannot infer the parent class correctly. If I change the super call into
def __new__(mcls, name, bases, attrs):
def test(self):
return super(cls, self).test()
attrs["test"] = test
cls = type.__new__(mcls, name, bases, attrs)
return cls
then the raised error becomes:
AttributeError: 'super' object has no attribute 'test'
which is expected as the parent of A does not implement test method.
So my question is what is the correct way to call super() in a dynamically added method? Should I always write super(cls, self) in this case? If so, it is too ugly (for python3)!