Why does my attempt to add "make" to path not let me use make

Viewed 135

Using a very helpful thread here and these steps, I added make to my path (as C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin\make.exe).When I call $Path this shows up. However when I try to run make S4_pyext in cmd.exe which I run from Anaconda3, I get an error

'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I thought I may have not added make to the path correctly so ran

"C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin\make.exe" S4_pyext

Instead which resulted in an error

mkdir -p build A subdirectory or file -p already exists. Error occurred while processing: -p. A subdirectory or file build already exists. Error occurred while processing: build. make: *** [objdir] Error 1 I can't seem to make heads or tails of this error message. Does anyone know what may be happening on either attempt?

0 Answers
Related