ValueError: the greenlet library is required to use this function

Viewed 432

Describe the problem

ValueError: the greenlet library is required to use this function.

To Reproduce

I tried this command. But still have ValueError ..

pip install green let
pip install gevent
git clone https://github.com/python-greenlet/greenlet.git

Expected behavior

result

Screenshots

ValueError

Environment Description

OS: macOS Big Sur 11.5.2
Python version: 2.7.16
Current Shell: zsh

What is the problem here? I have no idea:(

I really hope to solve this problem.

1 Answers

Just observed this when running pytest against an otherwise working service using sqlalchemy. I hadn't expected to need to install anything futher, so searched to see if I was doing something wrong, and found your question.

I hope you solved it, but for anyone coming next:

pip install greenlet worked for me.

note that you have reported attempting pip install green let with a space!

- pip install green let
+ pip install greenlet

This appears to be dependant on using the asynchronous parts of sqlalchemy, and on the sqlalchemy version: https://github.com/sqlalchemy/sqlalchemy/issues/6136

Related