Quick Note, I have reviewed these threads and they do not fix my issue:
( Outdated info, see documentation below ) Access Snowflake query results through PowerBI
( I would expect this to fix my issue, but it does not ) How to write a Snowflake SELECT statement query in Advance Editor from powerBi
Hi All,
When attempting to query snowflake with a native query, I get this error:
These are the parameters:
I have verified the credentials / tables / databases / schemas are correct by connecting to directly to one table at a time, but simple queries like the screenshot and complex queries all return this message "native queries aren't support by this value".
I know this is a new feature ( June 2021 ) and I have read the documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/connectors/snowflake#connect-using-advanced-options
EDIT:
I have tried the following query formats:
SELECT * FROM "MyDatabase".PUBLIC.ITEMSTABLE
SELECT * FROM "MyDatabase"."PUBLIC".ITEMSTABLE
SELECT * FROM "MyDatabase"."PUBLIC"."ITEMSTABLE"
I believe that this may be due to my MyDatabase being case sensitive and PowerBI stripping the quotes around it in the query.
In snowflake, this query succeeds while the same query in PowerBI fails:
SELECT * FROM "MyDatabase".PUBLIC.ITEMSTABLE
Issue opened with Microsoft here:
Any help is appreciated.



