Pyinstaller loading splash screen

Viewed 1628

Pyinstaller recently added a splash screen option (yay!) but the splash stays open the entire time the exe is running. I need it because my file opens very slowly and I want to warn the user not to close the window. Is there a way I can get the splash screen to close when the gui opens?

2 Answers

from pyinstaller docs:

import pyi_splash

# Update the text on the splash screen
pyi_splash.update_text("PyInstaller is a great software!")
pyi_splash.update_text("Second time's a charm!")

# Close the splash screen. It does not matter when the call
# to this function is made, the splash screen remains open until
# this function is called or the Python program is terminated.
pyi_splash.close()

I had this same issue, and even though this post is old i could not find the answer :) but i was able to figure out a way to make the splash screen go away.

Once your spec file is generated using the '--splash=picture.png' modify the spec file

Parameter to mod

always_on_top=True -> set to always_on_top=False

Then rerun the pyinstaller command using the modified spec file -> pyinstaller main.spec

Related