qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped in docker containers

Viewed 13106

I am setting up Kafka in my local machine using docker-compose.

My machine details are:

macOsBigSur
Version - 11.2.3 (20D91)
Chip - Apple M1
RAM - 8 GB

Docker images are:

confluentinc/cp-zookeeper:5.5.0
confluentinc/cp-kafka:5.5.0
rabbitmq:3-management
confluentinc/cp-kafka-connect:5.5.0

Docker containers are not coming up due to qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped error.

Could you please help me how to resolve this error?

4 Answers

For people using alpine. Try updating the qemu package. It worked for me.

RUN apk add --update qemu-x86_64

Should work for other OS as well.

I ran into the same error qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped error. when using the docker image java:8(DEPRECATED).

But I could avoid that error by replacing docker image into openjdk:18.

So you may be able to avoid that error by replacing the base image you use.

By the way, I am also using Chip - Apple M1. But not using Kafka.

It worked for me after upgrading Docker Desktop to 4.11.1 (84025). I am using M1 Chip with MacOS Monterey 12.4

Related