How to list all the packages with dependencies within a package group in RedHat / CentOS 8

Viewed 594

If I run the command

dnf groupinstall --downloadonly core

then it will

  • list all the packages which belongs to the package group core,
  • resolve their dependencies and
  • download the rpms locally.

What I want is not to download but only list. Is there any easy way to resolve all dependencies related to all packages pertaining to a particular package group?

1 Answers

I have no idea about the strait way to get the list. But you can download them w/o actually store them in your system:

dnf groupinstall --downloadonly --downloaddir=/dev/null core

This command will list all the packages to be downloaded so grab the output strip unnecessary lines and voila.

If this do not work you can try combination of:

yum deplist <package>

and

yum groupinfo core

You can get the list of packages with groupinfo and loop and get the dependencies via deplist

Related