I am developping an ASP.Net Core application, backed with a PostgreSQL database.
So far, my application is hosted on my personal VPS, but I would like to migrate on Azure, and I don't know how to handle the DB migrations over there.
My database scheme is handled by Entity Framework Core and mapped with POCOs.
As explained in the docs, when I want to change my SQL scheme, I update the POCOs, create a migration C# file through the dotnet ef migration create command, and apply them through the Database.Migrate() command at runtime.
This is defined by Applying migrations at runtime, however as stated:
While productive for local development and testing of migrations, this approach is inappropriate for managing production databases.
There is a paragraph about using SQL Scripts, but nothing really about "How to apply migrations scripts in CI/CD pipeline".
Of course, I had a look to the official tutorial on Microsoft docs about how to deploy and ASP.Net Core app + SQL DB on Azure, but there is nothing about DB migrations (the migrations of the production DB are applied through CLI from local computer ...).
Isn't there a specific service on Azure allowing us to apply the DB migrations?
I know this question is specific neither to Azure, nor to .NET apps, but I was afraid my question would be too "broad".
Also, when looking for "DB migrations" on Google, most results are concerning the migration from a given DB to another (or from a vendor to another), which is not the same.
Many thanks