Trying to deploy aws-load-balancer-controller on Kubernetes.
I have the following TF code:
resource "kubernetes_deployment" "ingress" {
metadata {
name = "alb-ingress-controller"
namespace = "kube-system"
labels = {
app.kubernetes.io/name = "alb-ingress-controller"
app.kubernetes.io/version = "v2.2.3"
app.kubernetes.io/managed-by = "terraform"
}
}
spec {
replicas = 1
selector {
match_labels = {
app.kubernetes.io/name = "alb-ingress-controller"
}
}
strategy {
type = "Recreate"
}
template {
metadata {
labels = {
app.kubernetes.io/name = "alb-ingress-controller"
app.kubernetes.io/version = "v2.2.3"
}
}
spec {
dns_policy = "ClusterFirst"
restart_policy = "Always"
service_account_name = kubernetes_service_account.ingress.metadata[0].name
termination_grace_period_seconds = 60
container {
name = "alb-ingress-controller"
image = "docker.io/amazon/aws-alb-ingress-controller:v2.2.3"
image_pull_policy = "Always"
args = [
"--ingress-class=alb",
"--cluster-name=${local.k8s[var.env].esk_cluster_name}",
"--aws-vpc-id=${local.k8s[var.env].cluster_vpc}",
"--aws-region=${local.k8s[var.env].region}"
]
volume_mount {
mount_path = "/var/run/secrets/kubernetes.io/serviceaccount"
name = kubernetes_service_account.ingress.default_secret_name
read_only = true
}
}
volume {
name = kubernetes_service_account.ingress.default_secret_name
secret {
secret_name = kubernetes_service_account.ingress.default_secret_name
}
}
}
}
}
depends_on = [kubernetes_cluster_role_binding.ingress]
}
resource "kubernetes_ingress" "app" {
metadata {
name = "owncloud-lb"
namespace = "fargate-node"
annotations = {
"kubernetes.io/ingress.class" = "alb"
"alb.ingress.kubernetes.io/scheme" = "internet-facing"
"alb.ingress.kubernetes.io/target-type" = "ip"
}
labels = {
"app" = "owncloud"
}
}
spec {
backend {
service_name = "owncloud-service"
service_port = 80
}
rule {
http {
path {
path = "/"
backend {
service_name = "owncloud-service"
service_port = 80
}
}
}
}
}
depends_on = [kubernetes_service.app]
}
This works up to version 1.9 as required. As soon as I upgrade to version 2.2.3 the pod fails to update and on the pod get the following error:{"level":"error","ts":1629207071.4385357,"logger":"setup","msg":"unable to create controller","controller":"TargetGroupBinding","error":"no matches for kind \"TargetGroupBinding\" in version \"elbv2.k8s.aws/v1beta1\""}
I have read the update the doc and have amended the IAM policy as they state but they also mention:
updating the TargetGroupBinding CRDs
And that where I am not sure how to do that using terraform
If I try to do deploy on a new cluster (e.g not an upgrade from 1.9 I get the same error) I get the same error.