What I am trying
I have a GitHub repository and a site located on a shared host with access via FTP. I am trying to find best VS Code FTP extension for working on a git project and syncing my work with FTP.
What I'm facing
I tried some @popular ftp extension in VS Code IDE. Like:
SFTPby Natizyskunkftp-simpleby humy2833ftp-syncby Łukasz Wroński
But I don't find what I need.
What I need
I need to easily change git branch and extension automatically changes my files (remote add new ones, remote edit modified ones, remote delete the removed ones) to web server (throw FTP).
So I would need following features:
- make new file, save file and remove file also on web server
- automatically remote update when changing branch
- remote update only modified/new/removed files, not all
- because it takes too much
- so it can store a file in my web server keeping logs or what it needs
- FTP ignore upload & FTP ignore download
- I need both for different situations
- not allowing local editing during FTP syncing
- and progress bar if possible
- these extra features would help a lot
Any suggestions would help me a lot.