React Native Customized Image Picker doesn't show gallery images on android

Viewed 441

I have to use a multiple picker in my react native application, and I tried to use this package: react native customized image picker with the next configuration:

ImagePicker.openPicker({
 multiple: true
}).then(images => {
 console.log(images);
});

On iOS is working great, I can see my photos when it opens the gallery and can select and show them, but on android I can only open the gallery but it doesn't show any photos.

I can switch between my gallery folders and as a folder thumbnail I can see a photos, it shows the number of photos for each folder, but when I open a folder, it's emptyenter image description here

I also tried to use react native image crop picker which allows for multiple selection but it doesn't work on android and after i select a photo, it close the gallery modal.

Does anyone encountered this?

Here is the issue opened on their GitHub:

https://github.com/shijingsh/react-native-customized-image-picker/issues/112

1 Answers

Hey Please check your android manifest file for permission

Add following permission

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" /> 

Source : https://github.com/shijingsh/react-native-customized-image-picker#android

Related