how to set host in botfront helm and update parameters in kubernetes

Viewed 138

I have installed and deployed botfront on kubernetes, but when I go to interface using node ip and port where service is running it prompts me to add root_url like this

enter image description here

I got to know that it can be put in config.yaml which is used to update helm but it is not taking ip and takes only domain name, I need some guidance over this since I tried google DNS API and that also didn't help and apart from it how can I update rasa parameters, like editing rasa host, adding NLU pipelines etc because rasa is not reachable from UI so in order to fix that I need to modify helm first.

1 Answers

You can set up the ingress controller to manage the traffic and expose the UI.

So your service will be running as the Cluster IP or Node port and ingress which will manage the traffic and expose the UI.

inside config.yaml file

botfront:
   app:
# The complete external host of the Botfront application (eg. botfront.yoursite.com). It must be set even if running on a        private or local DNS (it populates the ROOT_URL).
       host: botfront.yoursite.com

and you can install the Nginx ingress controller and create the ingress object so traffic some inside and you can access the service.

it helm is already creating the ingress you have to install the ingress controller : https://kubernetes.github.io/ingress-nginx/

You can check helm is creating ingress or not using the : kubectl get ingress

Update :

you can also use the service type LoadBalancer and map IP to DNS and use the domain name inside the config of botfront.

Related