I'm trying to build a simple app on OSX using cx_Freeze. The build using setup.py seems to go fine - it builds a .dmg and .app for my application, along with all of the source files. However, when I try to run the .app, it crashes immediately, saying "My_App quit unexpectedly". Frustratingly, I don't see any decipherable error codes I can track down.
I have stripped down the app into a very simple example. Below are my main python file and my setup file.
my_app.py
from tkinter import *
root = Tk()
root.title("Welcome to My_App")
root.geometry('350x200')
root.mainloop()
setup.py
import sys
from cx_Freeze import setup, Executable
# Dependencies are automatically detected, but it might need fine tuning.
build_exe_options = {"packages": [], "excludes": []}
# base="Win32GUI" should be used only for Windows GUI app
base = None
if sys.platform == "win32":
base = "Win32GUI"
setup(
name = "My_GUI",
version = "1.0",
description = "My GUI application!",
options = {"build_exe": build_exe_options},
executables = [Executable("my_app.py", base=base)]
)
I have built an .exe on windows before, and when startup fails on windows, I at least get a traceback error message that I can track down. On OSX, it doesn't appear to do the same thing.
What's going wrong? How can I get more information on why my app is failing to start up? Below are images of my build and the error I'm getting on startup.

