I am new to programming, and I am following the book "Learn C the Hard Way" by Zed Shaw.
In Paragraph 4, it goes through the process of using a debugger with the command line.
I am following along with Windows 10, so I downloaded LLVM 12.0.0 Binaries from https://releases.llvm.org/download.html#12.0.1, to use lldb,
I am testing on a simple C file which prints on the console some hard coded text, compiled with
clang -fuse-ld=lld -g -O0 -std=c17 Example.c -o Example.exe
After that, I tried to use lldb with it, using lldb Example from cmd in the directory in which .exe, .c, .pdb files are located. Within lldb, trying to use
b mainproducesWARNING: Unable to resolve breakpoint to any actual locations.listproduces nothing, whilesource list --file Example.cgives backerror: Could not find source file "Example.c".breakpoint set --file Extra1.c --name maingives againWARNING: Unable to resolve breakpoint to any actual locations.runis the only command left from the ones which I know, and It executes the program, without displaying anything, it's only telling me what the main function returned
Furthermore I noticed that Windows Explorer doesn't stop me from trying to delete the .pdb file, which lldb is supposed to use(?) while lldb is running, while the same can't be said for the .exe file. Since I know little to nothing, I have no idea how to get it to work. Any help? Thanks in advice