While creating a command using Discord.js v13, I encountered an interesting error that I can't seem to figure out.
If I use a command handling system and create a command with a channel input field via the Application Commands feature Discord created not so long ago for Developer applications, I run into the following error when running the Node.js application:
F:\Development\eco-bot\node_modules\@discordjs\builders\dist\interactions\slashCommands\Assertions.js:44
throw new TypeError(`Expected to receive a ${instanceName} builder, got ${input === null ? 'null' : 'undefined'} instead.`);
^
TypeError: Expected to receive a SlashCommandChannelOption builder, got undefined instead.
at Object.assertReturnOfBuilder (F:\Development\eco-bot\node_modules\@discordjs\builders\dist\interactions\slashCommands\Assertions.js:44:15)
at MixedClass._sharedAddOptionMethod (F:\Development\eco-bot\node_modules\@discordjs\builders\dist\interactions\slashCommands\mixins\CommandOptions.js:76:22)
at MixedClass.addChannelOption (F:\Development\eco-bot\node_modules\@discordjs\builders\dist\interactions\slashCommands\mixins\CommandOptions.js:40:21)
at Object.<anonymous> (F:\Development\eco-bot\commands\faq.js:7:10)
at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1101:14)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1153:10)
at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:981:32)
at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:822:12)
at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1005:19)
at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:94:18)
Before any questions about it are raised, yes all the other commands are properly loaded and sent to Discord's Application Commands API and Discord registers them without errors.
Here's the code that produces the issue:
const { SlashCommandBuilder } = require('@discordjs/builders')
module.exports = {
data: new SlashCommandBuilder()
.setName("faq")
.setDescription("Send a FAQ question and answer in selected channel")
.addChannelOption(channel => {
channel
.setName("channel")
.setDescription("Channel you want to send the FAQ embed in")
.setRequired(true)
}),
async execute (interaction) {
await interaction.reply("Pong! :ping_pong:")
}
}
