So I'm new to the whole cloud computing infrastructure and I'm trying to grasp the best practices and today it came to my mind. How do I store sensitive data in AWS what services do I need to utilize and what architecture shall I build for it, I wrote a scenario down to further explain my question.
Let's say I have a user registration and I need from every user to input a secret key that I need to access some kind of 3rd party service on their behalf (let's assume that it's the only to access that service and no other way to access it) how do I store it in my database let's say RDS for example without compromising other IAM users from accessing the database but all they say is an encrypted secret key not the plain text.
I searched online and found some saying KMS and some saying Secrets Manager some saying Backend Encrypting and some says Frontend Encrypting which way shall I go with?
Whoever decides to answer this question thanks in advance but please elaborate as much as you can because I'm still trying the get the concepts and trying to leverage the "Cloud" capabilities as much as possible.