Good afternoon! I am making a program that needs to POST 10,000 images to the API using the Python requests library. After sending every request, I receive a response with a hash(IpfsHash), which I need to write into a dictionary of the form: "Hash": "Number". To get started, I created a simple code (using a loop and not using async) and it worked. And then I used async to speed things up. Here is the code:
import asyncio
import requests
jsonHashes = {}
responses = []
def pinToIPFS(number):
url = 'https://api.pinata.cloud/pinning/pinFileToIPFS'
par = {
'pinata_api_key': 'blabla',
'pinata_secret_api_key': 'blabla'
}
file = {'file': open(str(number) + '.jpg', 'rb')}
res = requests.post(url, headers = par, files = file)
jsonHashes[res.json()['IpfsHash']] = number
print(res.json()['IpfsHash'] + ' = ' + str(number))
async def main():
loop = asyncio.get_event_loop()
futures = []
for i in range(2):
futures = loop.run_in_executor(None, pinToIPFS, i)
for i in range(2):
jsonHashes[await futures[i].json()['IpfsHash']] = i
loop = asyncio.get_event_loop()
loop.run_until_complete(main())
print(jsonHashes)
But, for some reason I get the error:
TypeError: '_asyncio.Future' object is not subscriptable
And immediately after that, I get a response to the requests:
QmcZR3cpeVzQ56gyWs83dRS51rtkqjyoF167paJMPrn32w = 1
QmehUERFcR6Erha6RtScDwfm1ACpZgGPrd5NNVnYWeDoH4 = 0
P.S. For simplicity, I put 2 iterations instead of 10,000.