I'm trying to display values in the ytics of a simple lines points graph in two different representations, in days and years.
My data file consists of two cols, each of which containing unix timestamps.
1580342400 1492387200
1583107200 1493856000
1584230400 1494201600
1585267200 1495238400
...
Here's what I did so far:
set term qt
set xlabel "Current Date"
set ylabel "Time to wait in days and years"
set timefmt "%s"
set format x "%d.%m.\n%Y"
set xdata time
set grid
plot 'times.log' \
u 1:(($1-$2)/86400)::yticlabels(sprintf("%d (%.1f)",(($1-$2)/86400),(($1-$2)/86400/365))) \
with lp lw 2 lt 4 notitle
Which yields the following result:

The only thing that really bugs me is that the ytics are not distributed equidistantly.
Is there any way to have my desired format and still remain equidistant ytics?
Another option that crossed my mind was using the new stats function together with a for loop iterating over all data sets and adding one tic label for each data set manually.
Any hint welcome, however, I'm not a big fan of perl/bash/etc. mixed with gnuplot, I'd like to keep it gnuplot only in this case.

