Push from local git to an Azure App Service git fails.
This has been working well until yesterday. I really don't understand why dotnet is involved in the push execution in Azure when the App is running in linux. I'm running git from Windows Powershell locally and deploying to linux, git add and git commit works fine but fails in push. I have searched for similar issues but this is a bit different from the other issues I found here.
The error is from git push:
PS xxx_deploy> git push
Enumerating objects: 3, done.
Counting objects: 100% (3/3), done.
Delta compression using up to 8 threads
Compressing objects: 100% (2/2), done.
Writing objects: 100% (2/2), 212 bytes | 212.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 2 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Could not execute because the specified command or file was not found.
remote: Possible reasons for this include:
remote: * You misspelled a built-in dotnet command.
remote: * You intended to execute a .NET Core program, but dotnet-/opt/Kudu/KuduConsole/kudu does not exist.
remote: * You intended to run a global tool, but a dotnet-prefixed executable with this name could not be found on the PATH.
To https://xxxx.scm.azurewebsites.net/xxxx.git
The files being deployed are .html, .js, .svg, .txt, .css, .png, .ico, some .woff fonts
The dotnet it is looking for is not in that folder, I have checked, but why does it need it for a node js deployment?
I have tried a couple of suggestions by googling including:
- Carriage return and line feed flags, 'git config --global core.autocrlf true', I tried both true and false
- I deleted the files in my Azure App's /home/site/deployments/tools/ as some suggested that deployment files might have been corrupted, it did not help.
I would appreciate some solutions to this as I can no longer push new changes to the app.