Hey I'm really hoping someone can help me with this as it would save me a lot of money on hosting
I have a file hosting provider which lets me store a couple hundred files for free as long as they're 10MB or less. These files are hosted publicly via a publicly accessible URL anyone can access. I have some videos that are around 100-150MB in size that I'd like to put on my website.
I am on a very cheap web hosting plan which has a very small amount of disk space allocated to it which is quickly exceed if I uploaded them all there, so I'd like to host these videos somewhere else.
I got the idea of splitting the video into 10MB chunks which would be about 10-15 files and using a player like video.js https://videojs.com/ to play it back as a full video. I know this can be done via a .m3u8 file and some larger websites like Twitch clips actually play back videos exactly like this by loading it in segmented chunks instead of one entire single .MP4 file, but I'm not sure how to implement this.
Essentially I'd embed the player on a webpage and have that player load a .m3u8 file or something similar which contains all the chunks of the video in the right order to play back seamlessly as it was a full video, that is my main goal, I just don't know how to go about making it a reality