I have recently been trying to create a web app with NextJS. I know some basics in web development but I was a little lost when using NextJS as I didn't do any React either before.
I've tried fetching data from an API and using this data in my page. I struggled a bit but in the end I got it working with the help of getServerSideProps.
My question is, how could I use getServerSideProps multiple times in my application so that I can fetch many other routes ? I've tried using getServerSideProps in a different file, using its response in a function that I then export as a component and use it so I can "get components of getServerSideProps responses" if it makes sense, but had many different errors when trying to do so.
Could someone explain how it actually works and how I could resolve my issue, and if it doesn't work that way, how could I make it work?
Here's an example using Coinbase's API :
import { useState } from 'react'
import fetch from 'isomorphic-fetch'
export const getServerSideProps = async () => {
const res = await fetch('https://api.coinbase.com/v2/prices/ETH-USD/buy')
const data = await res.json()
return {
props: {
ethprice: data
}
}
};
I then use "ethprice" in my Home function such as :
export default function Home({ ethprice }) {
return (
[page content, divs, text etc...]
{etherprice.data.amount}
Thanks!