I want to start node local container image which is managed by containerd.
from seeing ctr images list, there exist node local images
REF TYPE DIGEST SIZE PLATFORMS LABELS
cuda application/vnd.docker.distribution.manifest.v2+json sha256:6c2570b465eb3c03c2b892520bfb59ec9347c45dcfcf557b2c0ba03a27fba378 44.6 MiB linux/amd64 -
docker.io/library/hello-world:latest application/vnd.docker.distribution.manifest.v2+json sha256:fa68d054b0a8f55613c10f2db5c6617286dd30fde5607d2824ed9fb283e23043 16.8 KiB linux/amd64 -
docker.io/nvidia/cuda:11.0-base application/vnd.docker.distribution.manifest.v2+json sha256:6c2570b465eb3c03c2b892520bfb59ec9347c45dcfcf557b2c0ba03a27fba378 44.6 MiB linux/amd64 -
I make following yaml with adding imagePullPolicy: Never and failed with
Of course, I omit imagePullPolicy: Never, it works fine.
apiVersion: v1
kind: Pod
metadata:
name: cuda-vectoradd
spec:
restartPolicy: OnFailure
containers:
- name: cuda-vectoradd
imagePullPolicy: Never
image: "cuda"
resources:
# limits:
# nvidia.com/gpu: 1
Failed case, error messages are follows.
Events:
Type Reason Age From Message
---- ------ ---- ---- -------
Normal Scheduled 24m default-scheduler Successfully assigned default/cuda-vectoradd to testserver
Warning Failed 22m (x12 over 24m) kubelet Error: ErrImageNeverPull
Warning ErrImageNeverPull 4m42s (x97 over 24m) kubelet Container image "cuda" is not present with pull policy of Never
Is there any method to load node local image for containerd? Any comments are welcome.
Thanks