Github online create pull request to another branch from existing pull request

Viewed 100

I have two main branches A and B. I have a fix in branch C which is based on A. I have raised a PR from C -> A (say P1). Currently to put the same fixes in B, new branch has to be created from B (say D), fixes cherry picked from C, and then PR raised from D -> B . Is there a way to raise this PR online from P1, such that I do not have to manually cherry pick? This option exists in Axure Devops

1 Answers

Not really, considering the Azure DevOps PR cherry-pick option does precisely what you are describing:

In a completed pull request, select Cherry-pick, or for an active pull request, select Cherry-pick from the ... menu.
Cherry-picking a pull request in this way creates a new branch with the copied changes.
Merge into a target branch in a second pull request.

That option does not yet exist on GitHub.

Related