How to add local image to flutter_local_notifications

Viewed 1820

I am trying to create push notifications and would like to add an image to the notification. I am able to add images from the web as shown in the screenshot below.

enter image description here

How can I add a local image instead? I tried adding the file path as shown below, but it did not work:

enter image description here

1 Answers

The file path you are adding is a root path of your project but this method needs an android file path(e.g. /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.expampe.app/cache/bg.png), so you have to convert your asset image to a File and save it, then return its path:

import 'dart:async';
import 'dart:io';

import 'package:flutter/services.dart' show rootBundle;
import 'package:path_provider/path_provider.dart';

Future<String> getImageFilePathFromAssets(String asset) async {
  final byteData = await rootBundle.load(asset);

  final file =
      File('${(await getTemporaryDirectory()).path}/${asset.split('/').last}');
  await file.writeAsBytes(byteData.buffer
      .asUint8List(byteData.offsetInBytes, byteData.lengthInBytes));

  return file.path;
}

then just

final attachmentPicturePath = await getImageFilePathFromAssets('assets/image2.jpg');
Related