There are many posts containing this error, but I couldn't find the solution for this problem. I'm using this dataset. This is what I've done, a preprocessing, with SimpleImputer for categorical and numerical features:
import pandas as pd
import numpy as np
%load_ext nb_black
from sklearn.preprocessing import StandardScaler, OrdinalEncoder
from sklearn.impute import SimpleImputer
from sklearn.compose import ColumnTransformer
from sklearn.pipeline import Pipeline
from category_encoders import CatBoostEncoder
from sklearn.model_selection import train_test_split
housing = pd.read_csv("housing.csv")
housing.head()
X = housing.drop(["longitude", "latitude", "median_house_value"], axis=1)
y = housing["median_house_value"]
X_train, X_test, y_train, y_test = train_test_split(
X, y, test_size=0.3, random_state=42
)
numeric_transformer = Pipeline(
steps=[("imputer", SimpleImputer(strategy="median")), ("scaler", StandardScaler())]
)
categorical_transformer = Pipeline(
steps=[
("imputer", SimpleImputer(strategy="constant")),
("encoder", CatBoostEncoder()),
]
)
numeric_features = [
"housing_median_age",
"total_rooms",
"total_bedrooms",
"population",
"households",
"median_income",
]
categorical_features = ["ocean_proximity"]
preprocessor = ColumnTransformer(
transformers=[
("numeric", numeric_transformer, numeric_features),
("categorical", categorical_transformer, categorical_features),
]
)
from sklearn.linear_model import LinearRegression
pipeline = Pipeline(
steps=[("preprocessor", preprocessor), ("regressor", LinearRegression())]
)
lr_model = pipeline.fit(X_train, y_train)
But I got this error:
ValueError: Input contains NaN, infinity or a value too large for dtype('float64').
Any idea of what's happening in here?