I'm experimenting with Swing, and I want to try to build a window that looks and behaves like the following: Drawing of desired layout:
Essentially, for anyone familiar with WinForms, it should be as if the left "table" were anchored top, left, and bottom, and the right table were anchored top, right, and bottom.
The first thing I tried was a FlowLayout, but the tables would not resize properly as the window was resized.
To create the two tables and central button between them, I experimented with BorderLayout, by putting the tables in EAST and WEST and the button in the CENTER region. That succeeded in having the two tables being appropriately sized and resized as the window is resized, however the button filled up the entire space between them, and the width changed as it was resized (I want it to stay constant).
Any ideas to get me started?
