I built a tool using Playwright dotnet, and it runs great locally. I'm trying to deploy it on my Windows server so other people can use it, and the problem is getting the headless browsers properly installed on the server.
If I do all of the quickstart tasks on https://playwright.dev/dotnet/docs/intro within Windows PowerShell out on the server, it goes fine until the playwright install step. At that point I get the following Error:
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load the file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=5.0.0.0...
Even if I try inputting the command dotnet add package System.Runtime it adds the package, but then when I try playwright install again, it throws the same error.
I even went so far as to try deploying the app anyway, and when I get to the part that requires Playwright, it says:
Looks like Playwright Test or Playwright was just installed or updated.Please run the following command to download new browsers:
npx playwright install
(PS, it's stupid that the validator insists the above error is code and won't let me submit unless this is formatted this way)
So I said screw it and installed Node on the server, then ran the npx command, and it says it installed the browsers, but I still get the same error telling me to run the npx command.
Has anyone had any luck getting Playwright installed and implemented on a Windows server?