I want to install node.js on my Windows machine and I want to use nvm to do so. The only way to install the actual nvm on a windows machine that I'm aware of is using WSL (I am currently considering WSL2 but if there is a reason to use 1 let me know, I am not experienced). As far as I understand WSL is somewhat similar to (or is?) a virtual machine, in which case installing nvm in WSL only makes sense if I want to use node.js in WSL as well. Or am I wrong and there is some magic at work which makes Windows itself able to use nvm which was installed in WSL?
In short:
nvm on WSL -> node.js on WSL
or
nvm on WSL -> node.js on Windows
I am aware that WSL only allows me to install some linux distribution. Only for the sake of argument did I say "install on WSL".