fatal: bad boolean config value 'null' for 'commit.gpgsign' gitkraken and gitclients

Viewed 1762

I am using GitKraken as my git client and it was always working fine, but for a few days I am getting the error fatal: bad boolean config value 'null' for 'commit.gpgsign' when I use any other git clients. I have tried cmd, vscode, PowerShell in vscode and Git GUI. I have also uninstalled the GitKraken and try, but I guess it somehow retains the settings. Have you ever experienced this issue?

1 Answers

After scratching my head for a while, I found the solution for the same. You just have to go to your .gitconfig file in your user directory (C:\Users\SibeeshVenu) and remove the preceding settings.

[commit]
    gpgSign = null

In the end, this is how my .gitconfig looks like.

[user]
    email = myemail
    name = Sibeesh Venu
    signingKey = null
    password = mypassword
[core]
    longpaths = true
[gpg]
    program = null
[tag]
    forceSignAnnotated = null
[credential]
    helper = store
Related